F1 News, Reports and Race Results

Video: Ocon feeling 'more and more comfortable'

Esteban Ocon continued his run of points finishes this weekend, with hit third consecutive tenth place in Bahrain.

The Force India driver felt that he could have done even better on Sunday if not for the timing of the safety car. The race was neutralised on lap 12 following a collision between Carlos Sainz and Lance Stroll in turn 1. Ocon had just pitted when the yellow flags came out.

"The luck was not on my side. Apart from that, it was a really fun race and I had to fight really hard.

"My target coming into the season was to score points in every race so I’m pleased to have scored in all three so far," he added.

"But I know we had the potential to score even more," he insisted. There’s much more to come from us in the next few races."

After the race, Ocon recorded a special message for F1i readers. However it seems he did so after they'd turned off the floodlights for the night!

"Looking back at my weekend, it's been a pretty good one on my side," he said. "Feeling more and more comfortable with the car each time.

"Obviously we had a difficult qualifying [Saturday], but to have a strong first lap and strong pace in the car in the race was a good thing.

"Lost a bit of position for the pit stop, unfortunately. We did everything right but the safety car came just after I pitted and that made me drop back.

"Still managed to score a point at the end, so only positive!"

GALLERY: All the action from the Bahrain Grand Prix

Keep up to date with all the F1 news via Facebook and Twitter

Andrew Lewin

Andrew first became a fan of Formula 1 during the time when Michael Schumacher and Damon Hill were stepping into the limelight after the era of Alain Prost, Nigel Mansell and Aryton Senna. He's been addicted ever since, and has been writing about the sport now for nearly a quarter of a century for a number of online news sites. He's also written professionally about GP2 (now Formula 2), GP3, IndyCar, World Rally Championship, MotoGP and NASCAR. In his other professional life, Andrew is a freelance writer, social media consultant, web developer/programmer, and digital specialist in the fields of accessibility, usability, IA, online communities and public sector procurement. He worked for many years in magazine production at Bauer Media, and for over a decade he was part of the digital media team at the UK government's communications department. Born and raised in Essex, Andrew currently lives and works in south-west London.

Recent Posts

Aston Martin F1 sells minor stake to billionaire Woody Johnson

Aston Martin F1 has added a high-profile new investor to its rostrum of shareholders, with…

2 hours ago

Dutch GP: Thursday's media in pictures

Formula 1 roars back into action this weekend as the summer break gives way to…

3 hours ago

Gasly praises Verstappen’s manager for achieving ‘nice pay rise’

Pierre Gasly has offered a mischievous glimpse behind the curtain of Max Verstappen’s new Red…

4 hours ago

Russell says Mercedes seat ‘never under threat’ by Verstappen

George Russell has offered a cool-headed response to Max Verstappen’s decision to remain at Red…

5 hours ago

Verstappen says retirement was closer than joining rival F1 team

Max Verstappen has revealed that his Formula 1 future came perilously close to ending altogether,…

6 hours ago

Cadillac F1 quash sale rumours amid TWG investigation

Cadillac has moved swiftly to quash speculation that its fledgling Formula 1 operation could be…

7 hours ago