©WRI2
Brendon Hartley's confirmation last week as a Toro Rosso driver for 2018 was hardly a surprise for the Kiwi who had known about his fate for several weeks.
Toro Rosso confirmed the 27-year-old and team mate Pierre Gasly who both jumped only recently on the F1 bandwagon.
"To be honest, I knew about the contract for several weeks," Hartley told Russia's Championat.
"For me it was not a surprise."
It's been a pressure-packed few weeks for Hartley who dovetailed the end of his WEC commitments with Porsche with his F1 schedule.
In addition to his Toro Rosso deal, the 2017 Le Mans winner will maintain a contractual relationship with Porsche next year, although it's likely his involvement will be limited to off-track public relations or tribute work.
Racing in Porsche's GT program on a very limited basis could also be an option, although Hartley has no idea of what the future entails at this stage.
"I doubt that I can participate in two series at the same time," he said
"I don't know all the details of my contract for next season, but sometimes it's not easy to change from one series to another.
"These are different cars that require different settings and driving style. But it was the end of this season, so it was fine," he added.
Gallery: The beautiful wives and girlfriends of F1 drivers
Keep up to date with all the F1 news via Facebook and Twitter
Ferrari wrapped up a productive pre-season testing stint in Bahrain, leaving team principal Fred Vasseur…
Mercedes’ pre-season testing in Bahrain wrapped up on Friday with a mix of promise and…
F1 pre-season testing reached its conclusion in Bahrain on Friday, and it’s now time for…
Ferrari and Charles Leclerc ended the 2026 Bahrain pre-season testing on a high note, dominating…
Four-time world champion Sebastian Vettel has thrown a bold prediction into Formula 1’s swirling 2026…
Aston Martin’s pre-season preparations in Bahrain have taken on the air of a slow-motion collapse,…