©WRI2
Sean Gelael, who ran in four Friday practice sessions with Toro Rosso last year, will continue his work with the junior bull outfit.
The 21-year-old son of the owner of the KFC brand in Indonesia finished 15th in the FIA Formula 2 Championship in 2017 and will continue racing in the feeder series this season, with front-runner Prema Racing.
Gelael has also retained his tie-up with Toro Rosso which should see the young hopeful continue his apprenticeship with the Faenza-based squad.
Working with Toro Rosso completely changed my life," Gelael told Italiaracing.
"This year, I will work with them again. Our goal is to continue what we decided at the tests in Abu Dhabi.
"I hope the season in Formula 2 will be successful and I earn points for my super license, and I get a chance to participate in several Friday practices," he said.
Gelael also voiced his support for friend and Ferrari junior driver Antonio Giovinazzi, who he said is good enough to secure a full-time F1 seat.
"He deserved a place already for this season, so I think if such a driver fails to achieve his goal next year, there is something wrong with the system," he said.
Gallery: The beautiful wives and girlfriends of F1 drivers
Keep up to date with all the F1 news via Facebook and Twitter
Ferrari wrapped up a productive pre-season testing stint in Bahrain, leaving team principal Fred Vasseur…
Mercedes’ pre-season testing in Bahrain wrapped up on Friday with a mix of promise and…
F1 pre-season testing reached its conclusion in Bahrain on Friday, and it’s now time for…
Ferrari and Charles Leclerc ended the 2026 Bahrain pre-season testing on a high note, dominating…
Four-time world champion Sebastian Vettel has thrown a bold prediction into Formula 1’s swirling 2026…
Aston Martin’s pre-season preparations in Bahrain have taken on the air of a slow-motion collapse,…