F1 News, Reports and Race Results

FIA won't address Horner case until outcome of investigation

The FIA followed Formula 1 on Monday with a statement that alluded to the ongoing investigation by Red Bull GmbH of Red Bull Racing team boss Christian Horner regarding unspecified allegations of misconduct.

On Sunday evening, Formula 1 said that it hopes that the independent investigation into Horner’s behaviour will be resolved “at the earliest opportunity”.

With the record-breaking 24-race season kicking off in less than two weeks, Formula 1 understandably desires a swift resolution.

“We have noted Red Bull has instigated an independent investigation into internal allegations at Red Bull Racing,” Formula 1 stated.

“We hope that the matter will be clarified at the earliest opportunity, after a fair and thorough process and we will not comment further at this time.”

Horner, who vehemently denies the claims of “inappropriate behaviour” levied upon him by a female employee of Red Bull Racing, was interviewed at length in London last week by an external lawyer as part of the parent company’s independent probe.

While the investigation unfolds, the Briton continues to fulfill his duties at the helm of Red Bull, a position he's held since the team's inception in 2005.

At last week’s presentation of Red Bull’s RB20 car, Horner admitted that the investigative process has been a distraction although he insisted that the Milton Keynes-based outfit remains united despite the turmoil.

On Monday, the FIA chimed in on the matter, although it steered clear from taking any sort of position in the case.

"In relation to the independent investigation currently being undertaken by Red Bull GmbH, the FIA reiterates that until such time as the investigation has concluded and the outcome is known, we will not be commenting further," the governing body stated.

"The FIA remains committed to upholding the highest standards of integrity, fairness and inclusivity within the sport."

While Formula 1’s governing body is keeping a “wait and see” attitude towards the case, it does have the authority to intervene if evidence suggests a violation of its established standards, according to Article 12.2. of the FIA's International Sporting Code.

“Any words, deeds or writings that have caused moral injury or loss to the FIA, its bodies, its members or its executive officers, and more generally on the interest of motorsport and on the values defended by the FIA,” reads the specific article.

Keep up to date with all the F1 news via Facebook and Twitter

Michael Delaney

Recent Posts

Stella names rivals ‘a step ahead’ of McLaren after Bahrain

McLaren arrived in Bahrain for pre-season testing determined to defend its status as Formula 1’s…

10 hours ago

Hulkenberg says Audi’s rivals haven't 'pulled their pants down' yet

Nico Hulkenberg has given F1 fans a vivid image to ponder ahead of the 2026…

11 hours ago

Total mileage and fastest laps from F1 pre-season testing

Under the pale winter sun of Barcelona and the desert glare of Bahrain, George Russell…

13 hours ago

Remembering the man who conquered F1's most thrilling win

Peter Gethin, the man who secured perhaps the most thrilling win ever witnessed in Grand…

14 hours ago

Aston Martin’s nightmare: Honda owns up to power unit meltdown

Aston Martin engine supplier Honda has publicly conceded what the timing screens in Bahrain had…

15 hours ago

Piastri explains management shake-up ahead of 2026 F1 season

As the countdown to 2026 gathers pace, Oscar Piastri has reshuffled his inner circle –…

17 hours ago