The FIA has taken note of several drivers' complaints regarding the visibility of the startline gantry in Melbourne for those located towards the rear of the grid, with a solution expected to be implemented in Bahrain.
Williams' Robert Kubica said he had been sized by a moment of panic as he took up his position at the rear of last Sunday's grid, the Pole's visibility of the start lights being partially obstructed by the rear wing of the car in front.
Red Bull's Pierre Gasly also complained of the same issue, putting the problem of this year's larger and taller rear wings.
"With the new bigger rear wings, I couldn’t see the lights on the grid so I had to react with the cars around me and I lost a couple of places," said the Frenchman.
Formula 1's governing body is working on a solution for next week's Bahrain Grand Prix as all tracks have the lights positioned at the same height.
As a potential solution, the FIA could prescribe the mandatory installation of repeater lights located along the grid as was the case before 2017, when lower rear wings no longer justified the additional signals.
Gallery: The beautiful wives and girlfriends of F1 drivers
Keep up to date with all the F1 news via Facebook and Twitter
McLaren arrived in Bahrain for pre-season testing determined to defend its status as Formula 1’s…
Nico Hulkenberg has given F1 fans a vivid image to ponder ahead of the 2026…
Under the pale winter sun of Barcelona and the desert glare of Bahrain, George Russell…
Peter Gethin, the man who secured perhaps the most thrilling win ever witnessed in Grand…
Aston Martin engine supplier Honda has publicly conceded what the timing screens in Bahrain had…
As the countdown to 2026 gathers pace, Oscar Piastri has reshuffled his inner circle –…