Max Verstappen says he won't change his mind about not taking part in Netflix's Drive to Survive, the reigning world champion refusing to participate in the series' "hyped up" narrative.
Verstappen, who was voted F1's most popular driver last year by the sport's fan community, has been critical of the popular Netflix docu-series ever since its inception in 2018.
"They faked a few rivalries which they don’t really exist," Verstappen said last year in Austin.
"So I decided to not be a part of it and did not give any more interviews after that because then there is nothing you can show."
Speaking in Bahrain on Thursday, just a day before the fourth season of Drive to Survive is released on Netflix, Verstappen said that his opinion on the series hasn't changed since last year.
"No, I won’t change my mind," said the Dutchman.
"I think that was already ruined after Season 1. I think I’m quite a down to earth guy, and I just want it to be facts and don’t hype it up.
"I understand of course it needs to be like that for Netflix, that’s what every series on there as well or documentary or whatever you call it, it’s just not my thing."
Despite his refusal to take part in the docu-series, the twenty-time Grand Prix winner says that he will likely watch it on Netflix.
"I’ll probably watch it and see how over the top it is, and just continue with my life," he said. "I’ll probably watch some other documentaries on Netflix."
Keep up to date with all the F1 news via Facebook and Twitter
Arvid Lindblad arrived in Formula 1 carrying the weight of expectation and the confidence of…
Formula 1’s American revolution is no longer being discussed as a novelty. Inside Apple, it…
David Coulthard has never been short of superlatives in a racing career that took him…
He wasn't a flying Keke or Mika, but he was nevertheless a Finn and actually…
Max Verstappen’s bid to conquer the Nürburgring 24 Hours has ended in a cloud of…
Jenson Button has offered a stark, unusually candid reflection on what really sits beneath the…