GP2 racer Sergey Sirotkin will stay with Renault in 2017 despite the departure from the French outfit of Fred Vasseur who had recruited the Russian.
The 21-year-old who finished third in the GP2 series in 2016 and tested for Renault signed an agreement with the manufacturer which was brokered by SMP Racing boss Boris Rotenberg, who confirmed that Sirotkin's involvement with Renault remains intact.
"The programme does not change, even though in Renault there was a change of leader," said Rotenberg, quoted by the Tass news agency.
"We met with Frederic Vasseur, now it is necessary to meet with the new head. But Vasseur himself told us that everything will stay the same. On this issue, we plan to make a separate presentation and will say more."
Rothenberg, who owns Russia's SMP Bank, also insisted that US sanctions imposed on him - reportedly for being close to Russian president Vladimir Putin - do not affect the motor racing programme.
"We're moving forward and pay no attention to the sanctions," he said. "We did not abandon Indycar last year and this year we will stay.
"The people there welcomed us, constantly saying it's a pity I cannot come. Sport should be out of politics," Rothenberg added.
GALLERY: F1 drivers' wives and girlfriends
Keep up to date with all the F1 news via Facebook and Twitter
Stephen South, born on this day 74 years ago, once rose through the junior ranks…
Lando Norris set the pace in Thursday’s first session in Bahrain pre-season test, putting McLaren…
The FIA has chosen to trial in Bahrain a new Formula 1 start procedure –…
Sebastian Vettel may have retired from Formula 1, but the four-time world champion is clearly…
Fernando Alonso has insisted that Aston Martin’s troubled new-generation AMR26 can be fixed, but warned…
Red Bull team principal Laurent Mekies has forcefully brushed aside fears that Max Verstappen could…