Max Chilton says he doesn’t see his F1 career as finished despite switching categories after leaving Marussia.
Having originally been reserve at Marussia, Chilton was promoted to a race seat in 2013 and retained his place last season as the team finished ninth in the constructors’ championship. However, with Marussia going in to administration and its future uncertain, Chilton secured himself an LMP1 drive with Nissan.
Having told F1i the move was always one he wanted to make “whether my career in F1 was two years or ten years”, Chilton insists he doesn’t look at Formula One as a closed chapter.
“It’s not done, but I think you know as well as I do it is tricky,” Chilton said. “It’s hard. So if something came along I would definitely look at it, but there’s no point in sitting around and waiting, get on with it. That’s why it was good that we got this together because it’s given me where I wanted to be in the future.”
Chilton’s debut Le Mans weekend ended in disappointment, with his #23 Nissan retiring with an hour of the race remaining having struggled for reliability and been running at the back of the field.
Click here for the F1 drivers' girlfriends gallery
Keep up to date with all the F1 news via Facebook and Twitter
George Russell turned pole position in Saturday's Sprint event in Montreal into a polished victory,…
Full results from the Sprint race for the Canadian Grand Prix at teh Cirucit Gilles…
For the first time in weeks, Lewis Hamilton climbed out of his Ferrari after Friday’s…
The great Ayrton Senna ruled for the sixth and final time in the streets of…
So far, it’s been an F1 season of sharp elbows, sharper headlines, and an uncomfortable…
Four-time Formula 1 world champion Alain Prost was reportedly injured during a violent burglary at…