©WRI2
Sauber has confirmed that Pascal Wehrlein will be back behind the wheel of his Sauber for this weekend's Bahrain Grand Prix.
After a two race hiatus after pulling out of the Australian GP, Wehrlein will resume his duties and finally kick off his 2017 season.
The German driver did not travel to China last week, preferring to remain in Europe and focus on upgrading his fitness which had taken a hit following a crash earlier this year in the Race of Champions event in Miami.
"My back was extremely compressed in the crash and there were three small hairline fractures in the area of the thoracic vertebrae," the 22-year-old told TZ.
"A normal person could have resumed his job after a few days, but this is not the case with a professional athlete.
Wehrlein says that he is now all set and ready to go!
"After some special training in Salzburg, I feel ready now."
GALLERY: F1 drivers' wives and girlfriends
Keep up to date with all the F1 news via Facebook and Twitter
Lando Norris delivered a commanding performance to win a chaotic Dutch Grand Prix at Zandvoort,…
Full race results from the Dutch Grand Prix at Zandvoort, round 12 of the 2026…
Max Verstappen will have delivered a memorable final display to his fans in the Dutch…
Their paths intertwined but as determined racers, Guy Ligier and Didier Pironi took very different…
George Russell may have a 56-point mountain to climb if he is to overhaul Mercedes…
Lewis Hamilton qualified only fifth at Zandvoort, but the Ferrari driver concluded Saturday with a…