F1 News, Reports and Race Results

Monaco GP and F1 agree new three-year contract

The Monaco Grand Prix will remain on Formula 1's calendar until 2025 following a new deal agreed by the ACM.

There had been a cloud of uncertainty hovering over the Principality's historic event that has been a fixture on F1's schedule since 1955, with Formula One Management seeking a more lucrative deal with the Automobile Club de Monaco.

The publication yesterday of Grand Prix racing's 2023 calendar reassured F1 fans, with Monaco penciled in for May 28, indicating that an agreement had finally been reached between the involved parties.

Formula 1 later confirmed that it had signed a new three-year deal with the ACM.

"I am pleased to confirm that we will be racing in Monaco until 2025 and are excited to be back on the streets of this famous Principality for next year’s championship," said Formula 1 CEO Stefano Domenicali.

"I want to thank everyone involved in this renewal and especially H.S.H. Prince Albert II of Monaco, Michel Boeri, President of the Automobile Club of Monaco and all his team."

Michel Boeri, President of the Automobile Club of Monaco, added:

"In the interest of the Formula One World Championship, and after several months of negotiations, we are proud to announce that we have signed a three-year agreement with Formula One, and likely to be renewed."

Check out F1's complete 2023 calendar that was unveiled on Tuesday here. 

Keep up to date with all the F1 news via Facebook and Twitter

Phillip van Osten

Motor racing was a backdrop from the outset in Phillip van Osten's life. Born in Southern California, Phillip grew up with the sights and sounds of fast cars thanks to his father, Dick van Osten, an editor and writer for Auto Speed and Sport and Motor Trend. Phillip's passion for racing grew even more when his family moved to Europe and he became acquainted with the extraordinary world of Grand Prix racing. He was an early contributor to the monthly French F1i Magazine, often providing a historic or business perspective on Formula 1's affairs. In 2012, he co-authored along with fellow journalist Pierre Van Vliet the English-language adaptation of a limited edition book devoted to the great Belgian driver Jacky Ickx. He also authored "The American Legacy in Formula 1", a book which recounts the trials and tribulations of American drivers in Grand Prix racing. Phillip is also a commentator for Belgian broadcaster Be.TV for the US Indycar series.

Recent Posts

Stella names rivals ‘a step ahead’ of McLaren after Bahrain

McLaren arrived in Bahrain for pre-season testing determined to defend its status as Formula 1’s…

4 hours ago

Hulkenberg says Audi’s rivals haven't 'pulled their pants down' yet

Nico Hulkenberg has given F1 fans a vivid image to ponder ahead of the 2026…

5 hours ago

Total mileage and fastest laps from F1 pre-season testing

Under the pale winter sun of Barcelona and the desert glare of Bahrain, George Russell…

7 hours ago

Remembering the man who conquered F1's most thrilling win

Peter Gethin, the man who secured perhaps the most thrilling win ever witnessed in Grand…

8 hours ago

Aston Martin’s nightmare: Honda owns up to power unit meltdown

Aston Martin engine supplier Honda has publicly conceded what the timing screens in Bahrain had…

9 hours ago

Piastri explains management shake-up ahead of 2026 F1 season

As the countdown to 2026 gathers pace, Oscar Piastri has reshuffled his inner circle –…

11 hours ago