Williams is aiming to test a new short nose design at this weekend's Bahrain Grand Prix.
The team has used a short nose since the start of last season having managed to pass the FIA crash tests with its concept, something which proved difficult for some teams. Williams is now aiming to introduce another version of the short nose which may be ready in Bahrain, but Valtteri Bottas confirmed only Felipe Massa would run the update if it reaches the circuit in time.
"We have some new bits, like new floors on both cars, small things in the brake ducts and also, maybe, something else coming for later this weekend," Bottas said.
"We’re not sure if we’ll have all the new bits for all the cars, like the new nosecone, but if we manage to get it here there will be just one unit available and because Felipe is ahead of me in the championship he’ll get it. But we cannot guarantee it will get here on time."
And Bottas says it could prove to be in important upgrade as Williams expects a close battle with the likes of Red Bull and Force India to continue.
"Every step we can make will be important because the pack is very closely matched and every small step will help. Hopefully we can be more competitive than we were in Melbourne."
LIVE: Friday practice from the Bahrain Grand Prix
Romain Grosjean's exclusive F1i column - Bahrain
RACE PREVIEW: Bahrain Grand Prix
Keep up to date with all the F1 news via Facebook and Twitter
Mercedes celebrated a Sprint victory in Montreal, but beneath the silver smiles, tension was already…
George Russell turned pole position in Saturday's Sprint event in Montreal into a polished victory,…
Full results from the Sprint race for the Canadian Grand Prix at teh Cirucit Gilles…
For the first time in weeks, Lewis Hamilton climbed out of his Ferrari after Friday’s…
The great Ayrton Senna ruled for the sixth and final time in the streets of…
So far, it’s been an F1 season of sharp elbows, sharper headlines, and an uncomfortable…