Pascal Wehrlein says he has yet to hear any news from Manor about a potential race seat but wants the situation resolved as soon as possible.

Manor is the only team with race seats still available having yet to announce either of its drivers for 2016. With the likes of Will Stevens, Alexander Rossi and Kevin Magnussen understood to be in the frame, Wehrlein faces a lot of competition for a seat and Mercedes boss Toto Wolff has previously admitted the German team may not be able to afford a drive for the DTM champion.

Wherein says there has been no progress recently but hopes to be able to finalise plans quickly to start preparations for 2016.

"The status is unchanged," Wehrlein told Motorsport Total. "I'm still waiting for a call. I hope that soon there will be something concrete [about 2016]. As a driver, you want to be able to prepare as fully as possible for the tasks ahead."

And Wehrlein says he feels he could not have done anything more to prove himself ready for an F1 seat.

"Let me put it this way: it is not in my hands, so I have to take it as it comes. If it happens, then I would be really happy about making the step up to Formula 1. Should it not, then I cannot blame myself. I gave everything to achieve it, I did everything I could do in 2015."

Honda exclusive Q&A: Realistic expectations for 2016

Feature: What happens on any given F1 Saturday?

Technical preview: What changes in 2016?

Use the red tabs on either side of the screen to scroll through more Formula One news and features

Five things to look forward in F1 in 2016

Key dates for the 2016 F1 season

Keep up to date with all the F1 news via Facebook and Twitter

Andrew Lewin

Andrew first became a fan of Formula 1 during the time when Michael Schumacher and Damon Hill were stepping into the limelight after the era of Alain Prost, Nigel Mansell and Aryton Senna. He's been addicted ever since, and has been writing about the sport now for nearly a quarter of a century for a number of online news sites. He's also written professionally about GP2 (now Formula 2), GP3, IndyCar, World Rally Championship, MotoGP and NASCAR. In his other professional life, Andrew is a freelance writer, social media consultant, web developer/programmer, and digital specialist in the fields of accessibility, usability, IA, online communities and public sector procurement. He worked for many years in magazine production at Bauer Media, and for over a decade he was part of the digital media team at the UK government's communications department. Born and raised in Essex, Andrew currently lives and works in south-west London.

Recent Posts

A legend who is still in everyone's heart

The great Niki Lauda would have celebrated his 77th birthday on this day, so it's…

1 hour ago

Hot mess: Tsunoda’s San Francisco demo goes up in smoke

Talk about a "burning" desire to get back on the grid. Yuki Tsunoda’s first appearance…

2 hours ago

Newey reportedly laid bare Honda engine crisis in F1 meeting

Adrian Newey’s vision for an Aston Martin dynasty is facing a brutal reality check as…

3 hours ago

Team Talk: F1's final week of pre-season testing in Bahrain

Aston Martin – 128 laps Mike Krack, Chief Trackside Officer “We have concluded our test…

4 hours ago

Hamilton re-set and refreshed: ‘For a moment, I forgot who I was’

Lewis Hamilton has drawn a bold line under last season’s frustrations, declaring himself “re-set and…

5 hours ago

Stella names rivals ‘a step ahead’ of McLaren after Bahrain

McLaren arrived in Bahrain for pre-season testing determined to defend its status as Formula 1’s…

21 hours ago