Renault's return to F1 as a constructor has left members of the team at Enstone "buzzing", according to Cyril Abiteboul.
Following months of negotiations, Renault completed its takeover of the former Lotus team in December. Lotus had been struggling financially over the past two seasons, with the team downsizing and being unable to significantly develop its 2015 car.
Renault Sport Racing managing director Abiteboul says the confirmation of the takeover led to a clear change in atmosphere within the team.
"Within the Renault group people have naturally been very positive as it is an opportunity for the group to grow and to re-own the results of the past," Abiteboul said. "It also adds an extra sparkle to the brand as it tackles bigger challenges in its core business.
"At Enstone the atmosphere has been buzzing. When we visited the factory in November there was a lot of work, but the mood was muted. Now it’s like a light has gone back on – everyone is flat out, but very optimistic.
"At Viry it’s much the same, despite the huge challenge, there is now a direction. There’s a real drive on both sides of the operation to build for the future."
The new Renault RS16 is scheduled to make its debut on the first day of pre-season testing in Barcelona on February 22.
Christian Horner - The race of my life
Force India winter diary part five - Car build
Key dates for the 2016 F1 season
Keep up to date with all the F1 news via Facebook and Twitter
Formula 1’s American revolution is no longer being discussed as a novelty. Inside Apple, it…
David Coulthard has never been short of superlatives in a racing career that took him…
He wasn't a flying Keke or Mika, but he was nevertheless a Finn and actually…
Max Verstappen’s bid to conquer the Nürburgring 24 Hours has ended in a cloud of…
Jenson Button has offered a stark, unusually candid reflection on what really sits beneath the…
For most young racing drivers, a call-up to Ferrari would feel like a dream. For…