Lewis Hamilton admits he doesn’t understand Nico Rosberg’s outburst following the Chinese Grand Prix.

Rosberg vented his anger at Hamilton following Sunday’s race, saying his team-mate had deliberately backed him in to the clutches of Sebastian Vettel. While the team had what Toto Wolff described as “a good debrief” after the race, Hamilton says he is still unsure what Rosberg was complaining about.

“I don't even know what his point is,” Hamilton said. “We made a one-two, so yeah … I don't know where we are. Where we are is we have just won the race. I did the best job I could have possible done. And the team got a one-two.”

And Hamilton says he would not have taken the same approach to Rosberg if he had been the car in second place in China.

“Take a step back, this is motor racing man. It is racing. Don't take away the fun of the racing – it's racing! If was second or third I would have done everything, I would not have sat back or tried to sit back two seconds to try and make it to the end of the stint. You want to get to the end of the stint but if I thought I had more pace I would have tried to have got past because that's the best part.

“[The team] said maybe he was just comfortable in second. I said that's the difference between us. I want to win always and I would have done everything to have got past. Or at least pushed for three laps close by and I think even if he did and he was relatively close he wasn't quick enough.”

Click here to look under the skin of the front-running 2015 cars 

Keep up to date with all the F1 news via Facebook and Twitter

Andrew Lewin

Andrew first became a fan of Formula 1 during the time when Michael Schumacher and Damon Hill were stepping into the limelight after the era of Alain Prost, Nigel Mansell and Aryton Senna. He's been addicted ever since, and has been writing about the sport now for nearly a quarter of a century for a number of online news sites. He's also written professionally about GP2 (now Formula 2), GP3, IndyCar, World Rally Championship, MotoGP and NASCAR. In his other professional life, Andrew is a freelance writer, social media consultant, web developer/programmer, and digital specialist in the fields of accessibility, usability, IA, online communities and public sector procurement. He worked for many years in magazine production at Bauer Media, and for over a decade he was part of the digital media team at the UK government's communications department. Born and raised in Essex, Andrew currently lives and works in south-west London.

Recent Posts

Hulkenberg says Audi’s rivals haven't 'pulled their pants down' yet

Nico Hulkenberg has given F1 fans a vivid image to ponder ahead of the 2026…

1 hour ago

Total mileage and fastest laps from F1 pre-season testing

Under the pale winter sun of Barcelona and the desert glare of Bahrain, George Russell…

3 hours ago

Remembering the man who conquered F1's most thrilling win

Peter Gethin, the man who secured perhaps the most thrilling win ever witnessed in Grand…

4 hours ago

Aston Martin’s nightmare: Honda owns up to power unit meltdown

Aston Martin engine supplier Honda has publicly conceded what the timing screens in Bahrain had…

5 hours ago

Piastri explains management shake-up ahead of 2026 F1 season

As the countdown to 2026 gathers pace, Oscar Piastri has reshuffled his inner circle –…

6 hours ago

Aston Martin F1 secures naming rights in perpetuity amid turmoil

The Aston Martin F1 team will carry its name into Grand Prix racing’s future in…

8 hours ago