Ferrari has verbally agreed to supply Manor with 2014 power units if it returns to the grid this season.
Racing as Marussia last year, Manor used Ferrari power units until it entered administration after the Russian Grand Prix. Manor had a CVA approved on Thursday which allows it to exit administration, while Ferrari is one of the team's main creditors and team principal Maurizio Arrivabene says an agreement was reached yesterday to use last year's engines.
"We said to them yesterday that we're going to supply them with the 2014 engine," Arrivabene said. "There's nothing in writing at the moment but the answer at the moment is yes - 2014 [engine]."
Manor says it has already gained approval from the Strategy Group to run an adapted 2014 car this season, despite the plan appearing to be blocked during a meeting earlier in February.
Follow live coverage of the second test here.
Click here for the gallery from day one of the second test
Keep up to date with all the F1 news via Facebook and Twitter
Aston Martin F1 has added a high-profile new investor to its rostrum of shareholders, with…
Formula 1 roars back into action this weekend as the summer break gives way to…
Pierre Gasly has offered a mischievous glimpse behind the curtain of Max Verstappen’s new Red…
George Russell has offered a cool-headed response to Max Verstappen’s decision to remain at Red…
Max Verstappen has revealed that his Formula 1 future came perilously close to ending altogether,…
Cadillac has moved swiftly to quash speculation that its fledgling Formula 1 operation could be…