Ross Brawn insists he has had no high-profile job offers but will "never say never" about a future return to Formula One.

The former Benetton and Ferrari technical director - who also went on to win the 2009 championships with his own team Brawn GP - has not worked in F1 since leaving Mercedes at the end of the 2013 season.

With some dissent over the current governance structure in Formula One - culminating in the Grand Prix Drivers' Association penning an open letter earlier this season - Brawn's name has often been linked to a role which would see him oversee the writing of future technical regulations.

Brawn is now 61 and insists he is enjoying retirement away from the sport, but told Sky Sports he would not rule out a return.

Asked if has had any high-profile offers such as to run F1, Brawn replied: "Not at that level, no.

"Never say never about any of those sort of things, but I'm quite content doing what I'm doing and nothing has come along that I would be motivated and interested in.

"My nature when I was involved was 24/7 and I'm not sure I want 24/7 anymore."

While Brawn has been touted as an ideal candidate to be involved in F1's governance by the likes of Christian Horner and Jenson Button, recent months have seen teams agree on new aerodynamic regulations for 2017, while Bernie Ecclestone today revealed he was looking at changing the prize fund model to ensure a more equal distribution of revenues within the sport.

Romain Grosjean interview: I can stop Haas sliding

Silbermann says... Referendumb

Technical analysis - Baku

Keep up to date with all the F1 news via Facebook and Twitter

Andrew Lewin

Andrew first became a fan of Formula 1 during the time when Michael Schumacher and Damon Hill were stepping into the limelight after the era of Alain Prost, Nigel Mansell and Aryton Senna. He's been addicted ever since, and has been writing about the sport now for nearly a quarter of a century for a number of online news sites. He's also written professionally about GP2 (now Formula 2), GP3, IndyCar, World Rally Championship, MotoGP and NASCAR. In his other professional life, Andrew is a freelance writer, social media consultant, web developer/programmer, and digital specialist in the fields of accessibility, usability, IA, online communities and public sector procurement. He worked for many years in magazine production at Bauer Media, and for over a decade he was part of the digital media team at the UK government's communications department. Born and raised in Essex, Andrew currently lives and works in south-west London.

Recent Posts

Are Horner and BYD exploring a shock F1 future?

A swirl of paddock intrigue has followed reports that Christian Horner spent last weekend in…

5 hours ago

‘That drives me mad’: Smedley tears into slow F1 race engineers

Former Ferrari and Williams engineer Rob Smedley has launched a blistering critique of modern Formula…

6 hours ago

Norris hoping to plug in to Formula E with future track test

Fresh from witnessing the action at last weekend’s Monaco E-Prix, Lando Norris openly admitted that…

7 hours ago

Honda's target in Montreal: Help drivers ‘build more confidence’

Honda heads into this week’s Canadian Grand Prix carrying both cautious optimism and clear intent,…

9 hours ago

Panis pulls off a stunner in the Principality

If you're going to win just a single Grand Prix in your F1 career, Monaco…

10 hours ago

Indy 500 front-row starter Rossi injured in massive practice crash

Alexander Rossi’s preparations for next weekend’s Indy 500 were thrown into chaos on Monday after…

11 hours ago