F1 News, Reports and Race Results

Ricciardo: We’ve executed better since Monaco heartbreak

Daniel Ricciardo says he has noticed improvements in how he and Red Bull have executed their race strategy since the Australian missed out on winning the Monaco Grand Prix in heart-breaking fashion.

Ricciardo was robbed of a likely victory at Monte Carlo due to a tyre mix-up and botched pit-stop from his team. The 27-year-old has pinpointed this weekend’s Singapore GP as the event that offers him the best chance to make up for the disappointment.

In the aftermath of the blunder, Red Bull promised Ricciardo there would be new parameters implemented to prevent it from happening again.

“[Singapore] is obviously the next closest track to Monaco, so sure we look at it as a good chance to try and get the victory I am after this season,” Ricciardo told reporters during Thursday’s FIA press conference.

“But the team, since Monaco, a lot of things have been working better in terms of how we have been executing on a Sunday. I have left Sundays feeling a lot happier in the last handful of races. That’s been good, on both sides. I feel I’ve executed as well good things on Sundays.”

Given his and Red Bull’s fine form in Monaco and successful history at Marina Bay Circuit, Ricciardo has been tipped as a favourite for the win in Formula One’s night race.

“I am not going to put too much pressure on myself or them this weekend but I think deep down we obviously want to win,” he further commented.

“I believe we are a group of winners. If there’s a bit of pressure on us this week to get it done, then I think we’ll thrive. Let’s see what happens but I am definitely prepared and excited.”

Romain Grosjean column: Drivers have a certain shelf like

Chris Medland's 2016 Singapore Grand Prix preview

TECHNICAL: Under the skin of the Red Bull RB12

2017 F1 driver line-ups so far

Keep up to date with all the F1 news via Facebook and Twitter

Julien Billiotte

Recent Posts

Stella names rivals ‘a step ahead’ of McLaren after Bahrain

McLaren arrived in Bahrain for pre-season testing determined to defend its status as Formula 1’s…

3 hours ago

Hulkenberg says Audi’s rivals haven't 'pulled their pants down' yet

Nico Hulkenberg has given F1 fans a vivid image to ponder ahead of the 2026…

5 hours ago

Total mileage and fastest laps from F1 pre-season testing

Under the pale winter sun of Barcelona and the desert glare of Bahrain, George Russell…

7 hours ago

Remembering the man who conquered F1's most thrilling win

Peter Gethin, the man who secured perhaps the most thrilling win ever witnessed in Grand…

8 hours ago

Aston Martin’s nightmare: Honda owns up to power unit meltdown

Aston Martin engine supplier Honda has publicly conceded what the timing screens in Bahrain had…

9 hours ago

Piastri explains management shake-up ahead of 2026 F1 season

As the countdown to 2026 gathers pace, Oscar Piastri has reshuffled his inner circle –…

10 hours ago