Pierre Gasly believes it's still too early to make a call on his future, but the AlphaTauri driver says Red Bull is in charge when it comes to deciding where he'll be racing in 2022.
Gasly's performance has been in an uptrend since last year, a season marked by his shock win at the Italian Grand Prix at Monza.
This year, save for a retirement in the opening round in Bahrain, the 25-year-old has finished every race among the top ten, including last time out in Baku where Gasly secured his third career podium in F1.
AlphaTauri boss Franz Tost has praised his driver's results in 2021, insisting Gasly belong among the sport's "absolutely top drivers".
Red Bull motorsport boss Helmut Marko, with whom Gasly has found himself at odds in the past, also acknowledged the Frenchman's merits and considers him the perfect "ambassador" for AlphaTauri.
So, all signs point to Gasly remaining within the Red Bull family although Marko will have the last word on his driver's fate.
"My future, I think it’s still quite early," Gasly said, speaking ahead of his home race at Paul Ricard.
"On my side, things are in the hands of Red Bull. At the end of the day, it will be up to them to make the decision whether we continue together, continue with AlphaTauri, with Red Bull, or other options.
"It’s something that at the moment we haven’t really talked yet. I guess we will see in the coming weeks and the coming months what we want to do."
Last month, rumors emerged that Alpine was interested in Gasly's services.
But the French outfit later denied the innuendo which was permanently scrapped on Wednesday following the announcement that Esteban Ocon will remain with the Enstone squad until 2024.
Gallery: The beautiful wives and girlfriends of F1 drivers
Keep up to date with all the F1 news via Facebook and Twitter