If there's one race Formula 1 won't miss after it drops off the calender, it'll be the Malaysian Grand Prix, Bernie Ecclestone said on Sunday.
Razlan Razali, the race's promoter, took a shot at the former F1 supremo last week, claiming Ecclestone made him feel 'suckered' and 'looking like an idiot' following the 86-year-old's comments about overcharging F1's highest paying promoters.
But Ecclestone, who was present in Sochi last weekend, hit back.
"Nobody made him look stupid, and it’s difficult to make people look stupid. If they are, they are," said F1's former boss.
"They have done a very good job with the motorcycles, he’s fallen in love with the motorbike racing -- and that they apparently make money from," he said, as Sepang continues to host MotoGP.
"With Formula One they don’t make money and what I said was, and we talked about a lot of the promoters, we haven’t been delivering what they bought. Not our fault. We don’t make the show.
"But thankfully now, if Ferrari keep up their job and the other people do the same, we’ll have very good racing and then things should be a lot better for the promoters.
"They should be able to sell tickets."
Speaking about the future of the Brazilian Grand Prix, which appears to be in doubt, Eccelstone ruled himself out of any deal to buy the Interlagos circuit.
"No chance. Not at all," he said.
"I’ve been trying to (broker a deal) but it’s not easy for anybody there."
"I met the mayor (of Sao Paulo) last time I was there, months ago, and I got him to agree that when it goes out to tender for selling the place that they keep the circuit.
"If the circuit is still there, if you bought it for developing then you’d have to keep the racetrack and find someone who was going to run the race or be the promoter."