Raikkonen was confirmed as staying at Ferrari for 2016 on Wednesday, bringing an end to rumours linking Bottas with a move to Maranello. Following the announcement, Bottas says it will allow him to focus on his racing more easily.
"I think it is now easier for me, for Williams, for Kimi, for Ferrari," Bottas said. "Now there are no rumours, only facts and I think this proves a lot of the rumours were not true at all. But this is F1. Nothing has changed for me since the news yesterday."
Asked if the rumours had been distracting, Bottas replied: "Yes, definitely.
"It has been unnecessary because most of it has not been true. It doesn’t do any good, for example, mine and the team’s relationship, so it is not fair for us those kind of rumours, or Kimi or Ferrari. Now it is easier to know what is happening."
Having said he himself did not hold any talks with Ferrari, Bottas says discussions regarding his Williams future are ongoing.
"I have a contract for this year but for next year we are still discussing it. There is no confirmation of that."
Click here for a gallery of the biggest crashes at Spa-Francorchamps