Force India deputy team principal Bob Fernley admits the team is struggling to make the start of the final test with its 2015 car.
Having previously delayed the debut of the VJM08 until the second test, Force India subsequently abandoned plans to run its old car at Jerez. The team then admitted the new car was unlikely to make the second test, and with three days between the end of T2 in Barcelona and the start of the final four days of testing, Fernley now says there is no chance of seeing Force India's 2015 car before February 26.
Asked if Force India would race in Melbourne, Fernley told the BBC: "From the information I have today and knowing what we do, the answer is yes.
"The question for me is only how much of the third test we will participate in. We won't make the second test at all - although we are looking at taking the '14 car there to do a little bit of driver and tyre work.
"I'm hoping we will make the start of the third test with the '15 car, but we have to get as much of it as we can."
The season-opening Australian Grand Prix takes place on March 15.
Click here to see the full gallery of Force India's 2015 livery launch