Red Bull motorsport boss Helmut Marko denies that Pierre Gasly's future is in jeopardy after another subdued performance from the Frenchman last weekend.
In France, Gasly was outqualified by teammate Max Verstappen for the seventh time in eight races.
And his home race was labeled a "frustrating" affair by Red Bull Racing team boss Christian Horner, with Gasly only securing a point thanks to a time penalty handed to Daniel Ricciardo.
Many believe the pressure is ramping up on the 23-year-old, with rumors even emerging on Sunday evening in France of a possible swap between Gasly and Toro Rosso's Daniil Kvyat after Marko was seen in conversation with the Russian's manager, Nicolas Todt
However, Marko was quick to dismiss such a turn of events.
"No, that's a false rumor," the Austrian told Motorsport-Magazin. "Last week it was Nico Hülkenberg, so now Daniil Kvyat is our replacement. I talk to a lot of people, I also talked to his [Todt's] father Jean."
"He should be worried about his speed in France. But we plan to end the season with Gasly."
In his post-race comments at Paul Ricard, Gasly alluded to a possible technical issue on his RB15 as a reason for his under-performance, a hypothesis Marko accepted.
"That's why we are now examining the car to the last detail, we will completely disassemble it before Spielberg," said Marko.
"It will be checked in absolutely all points."