DS Techeetah's Jean-Eric Vergne didn't put a foot wrong in Saturday's Monaco EPrix, the Frenchman becoming the series' first repeat winner of the 2018/19 season.
While the race itself was spared an Safety car intervention there no lack of action up and down the field.
Vergne stormed off from pole, a position he inherited after a series of post-qualifying penalties changed the grid order, with initial poleman Oliver Rowland and Jaguar's Mitch Evans demoted respectively to P4 and P12.
The furious field of contenders - led by Vergne, Mahindra's Pascal Wehrlein, Nissan's Rowland and Venturi's Felipe Massa - miraculously squeezed its way through Ste Devote without any harm.
Everyone was pretty much on their best behavior during the first fifteen minutes of the 46-minute race, but Wehrlein locked up going into the hairpin and lost two spots to Rowland and Massa.
The scrap for second between the three men, enhanced by their use of Attack Mode, allowed Vergne to build a 2-second lead, an advantage he protected until the checkered flag despite a charge on the penultimate lap from Rowland.
Massa concluded his home race with his first podium in Formula E, surviving a late contact with Wehrlein, while Sebastien Buemi rounded off the top five.
ABB FIA Formula E Monaco EPrix 2019
1. Jean-Eric Vergne/DS Techeetah: 51 Laps
2. Oliver Rowland/Nissan e.Dams: +0.201
3. Felipe Massa/Venturi: +1.261
4. Pascal Wehrlein /Mahindra: +1.439
5. Sebastien Buemi/ Nissan e.Dams: +6.215
6. Antonio Felix da Costa/ BMW i Andretti: +15.956
7. Mitch Evans/Panasonic Jaguar: +16.213
8. Daniel Abt/Audi: +16.400
9. Andre Lotterer/DS Techeetah : +16.848
10. Alexander Lynn/Panasonic Jaguar: +18.112
11. Stoffel Vandoorne/HWA AG: +18.55
12. Jose Maria Lopez/GEOX Dragon: +18.860
13. Jérôme d’Ambrosio/Mahindra: +21.488
14. Gary Paffett/Venturi: +21.853
15. Alexander Sims/BMW i Andretti: +26.934
16. Tom Dillman/NIO: +31.861
17. Sam Bird/Envision Virgin: +1 Lap
18. Robin Frijns/Envision Virgin: (DNF)
19. Oliver Turvey/NIO: (DNF)
20. Lucas di Grassi/Audi: (DNF)
21. Edoardo Mortara/Venturi: (DNF)
22. Maximilian Guenther/GEOX Dragon: (DNF)