Sergio Perez's win in last Sunday's Sakhir GP was a great case of self-promotion says Christian Horner, but the Red Bull team boss says its focus is still on Alex Albon for now.
Perez will leave Racing Point after this weekend's season finale in Abu Dhabi , replaced at the Silverstone-based squad for 2021 by Sebastian Vettel.
But the Mexican is widely believed to Red Bull's top pick for next season if Albon gets the thumbs down after the Abu Dhabi from Red Bull motorsport boss Helmut Marko who was among the first to congratulate Perez on a job well done in Bahrain and on his maiden F1 win.
Horner also sent last week's winner a heartfelt congratulatory message.
"He sent me one back asking us to go and join him for some tequilas, because he was staying in the same hotel, which was very nice of him," Horner told Sky F1's David Croft.
"I think everybody in the pitlane was delighted for him, to see him win that grand prix.
"He's been around a long time, he drove for me in GP2 years ago, and I think he was a very popular winner last Sunday."
However, the resounding victory hasn't encouraged Red Bull to derail its plans to give Albon a final chance to make his case for 2021.
"We're giving Alex every opportunity as I've previously said," Horner said. "No decisions will be made until after this race. But Sergio has given a very good account of himself."
Pressed by Crofty on whether Perez was at least Red Bull's best alternative, Horner remained tight lipped.
"I know what you're fishing for. You're not going to get it," quipped the Red Bull Racing boss.
"As I say, the focus is on doing the best job we can with Alex, and Sergio, he just needs to keep doing what he's doing.
"He's doing a great job, doing a great advert for himself. I think our focus is very much on Alex, and we want to see him obviously do the best job he can this weekend."