Formula 1 commercial boss Sean Bratches is confident there will be a German Grand Prix on the sport's calendar in 2019 based on positive ongoing talks with the event's promoter.
The German Grand Prix alternated between Hockenheim and the Nurburgring from 2008 to 2013 before establishing itself as a biennial race since following the Ring's financial inability to host F1.
Hockenheim looked set to follow the same path until this year's event which drew an impressive crowd of 71,000 on race day, comfortably surpassing the average attendance numbers from the past ten years.
Therefore, neither Formula 1 nor Hockenheim have written off a 2019 German Grand Prix.
"I’m an optimist," said Sean Bratches earlier this week in London.
"We haven’t released our schedule yet but we will shortly; around Spa. My German’s not great, it’s OK, but the talks have gone OK."
On the German side, Hockenheim's marketing director Jorn Teske was coy, but confirmed that talks with Liberty Media are ongoing.
"We very much hope that we will host the Grand Prix next year but I cannot say more. We are still discussing," he said.
"What is clear is that both parties are trying to find a solution and this is very good. It means there is really a serious interest of Formula 1 to keep the German Grand Prix.
"So yes, we are optimistic as well but that’s all for the moment."
While he was speaking at the Black Book motorsport forum in London on Tuesday, Bratches also confirmed that Formula 1 was still pressing on with its plans to bring the sport to Miami in 2020.
"I have every reason to feel optimistic about the prospects of racing in Miami in 2020," he said.
"We are working closely with Steve Ross and his team and the myriad constituencies in southern Florida to make this happen. We’ve made a lot of progress, there’s work to be done.
"Things are complicated but I still continue to suggest that the Formula One brand and Miami are very complimentary and the economic impact that we can bring into the city and county of Miami is extraordinary."