Fernando Alonso had a one-on-one sit-down with FIA president Mohammed Ben Sulayem in Barcelona to discuss the Alpine driver's scathing criticism of the Miami GP's stewards.
Ahead of this weekend's Spanish GP, Alonso addressed the post-race time penalty that he was given after the race in Miami, and which dropped him out of the points after he had finished P8 on the road.
The Spaniard was sanctioned for leaving the track and gaining an unfair advantage while running ahead of Haas' Mick Schumacher.
But the source of Alonso's ire was the fact that the stewards had not considered the evidence provided by Alpine that demonstrated that he had lifted after rejoining the track to give back the advantage.
"We believe that it was very unfair and it was just incompetence from the stewards," the two-time world champion told the media earlier this week. "They were not very professional in Miami."
Alonso's comments did not go down well with Ben Sulayem who has exerted change at the FIA and working to improve the governing body's stewardship with F1.
The two men met in the paddock on Friday to clear the air.
"I speak with him regularly,” Alonso said on Saturday. "He knew my feedback after Miami already. So he was aware of everything.
"At the end of the day we are all trying to to help each other you know, the FIA, drivers, GPDA, we are all in the same boat, and we try to make the sport more fair and better.
"So I think it was it was a nice and friendly talk, and we will move forward and hopefully get better and more consistent."
Asked if he had apologized to the FIA president for calling the stewards "incompetent", Alonso offered a mischievous grin which was interpreted as a resounding "no".
Unfortunately, Alonso is set to start his home race on the back foot, having qualified a lowly P17 after a communication mix-up with his team in Q1.
But the 40-year-old will start his race last after Alpine opted to change the power unit on Alonso's A522.