The return of the Dutch Grand Prix to F1's calendar has been pushed back to 2021 following Zandvoort's decision to scrap this year's event.
The Dutch Grand Prix's fate had been up in the air since the start of the coronavirus crisis and the Netherland's decision to ban all public events until September 1.
Furthermore, the event's promoters were also reluctant to hold the race behind closed doors.
A statement from the organisers said: "Due to the worldwide spread of the coronavirus (COVID-19) the Formula 1 Heineken Dutch Grand Prix has, as previously announced, been postponed.
"The organization of the Dutch Grand Prix, in consultation with Formula One Management, has had to conclude that it is no longer possible to hold a race with an audience this year.
"Therefore, it has been decided to postpone the race definitively to 2021. Together with the FIA, Formula One Management will determine the schedule for 2021, and with that the new date of the Dutch Grand Prix.
"Like every year the date will be announced by the FIA by the end of 2020. All tickets remain valid for the new race."
Dutch Grand Prix sporting boss Jan Lammers lamented the event's cancellation, but urged Dutch F1 fans to be patient.
"We were completely ready for this first race and we still are," said the former F1 driver.
"An unbelievable achievement has been made thanks to all the fans, the companies and the governments involved.
"We and Formula 1 have investigated the potential to hold a rescheduled race this year without spectators, but we would like to celebrate this moment, the return of Formula 1 in Zandvoort, together with our racing fans in the Netherlands.
"We ask everyone to be patient. I had to look forward to it for 35 years, so I can wait another year."